Run towards Time

Saturday, June 5, 2010

I agree when people say it's more interesting to run outdoors than on a treadmill. I find indoor running useful though since I'm able to keep track of how much I've ran and how long. (Haha, my Nike's still terribly off with the calibration so it's not really reliable.)

Aaron, my trainer, taught me fartlek and used to crank up the speed during workouts. I found that difficult and tough on my lungs. So I just focus on the timer, and run until I hit the 1 or 2 minute mark he sets, eager to slow down.

I've started to think of it as "running towards time".

So much has been written and sung about time healing all wounds. About how things get better in time.

Well, sometimes, time is a goddamn slow burn. I know it's good to be present and all. But damn it, not when you're in pain.

There are days which I'd want to be like my treadmill runs. When I can just run, run towards time. Run past that invisible line and then suddenly forget what used to ache. Run to a happy finish line.

Wishful thinking, I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP