Happy Memory

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 26, 2010

I woke up early yesterday to avoid long queues in the basketball court, which was the designated polling place for our village.

I did pretty much the same thing on the last Monday of October, three years ago, when we had the last Barangay elections.

Do you remember where you were 3 years ago? While I generally have grown more and more forgetful of names and birthdays, I surprisingly have vivid Kodak photos in my head of that long weekend. How my friends and I drank before the liquor ban and listened to videoke singing that Saturday night. How much I panted while trying to run the day after. On the road, along Katipunan Extension, listening to Colbie Caillat singing Bubbly. Lunch with Divine. QCMC - with its bubbles and bicycles. Nanette's burrito.

I decided to relive a happy memory by trying to learn how to ride a bike again.

One bicycle swap and 40 minutes later, I still was at square 1. But I remembered happy, and I just smiled to myself. I would have wanted to stay and linger in the park, or even try biking some more. But I promised Jed and Karlo I'd take them to Yeu, and I didn't want to be late. (Esp. since the last time I saw Jed was 13 years ago.)

I'd go back, do the bike thing again. Soon. After all, the unlikely triathlete will still be one someday. Soon.

2 comments:

Anne OrdoƱa October 31, 2010 at 12:01 AM  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP3DNPDKxOM&feature=related - learning to bike :)

RunningAtom November 17, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Hi there, do you have a scheduled race on Nov. 28? If there's none, you might want to join my giveaway contest for the 2nd McHappy Day Fun Run where I'll be giving out some FREE RACE KITS :) Feel free to visit my blog post.

Thanks :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP